VideoArt410

5.08.2006

addition to last post

So I didn't really talk about how I was going to tell this story. It is going to be a combination of interview with my brother, interview with me, shots of my brother, shots of his dog, shots of both, and a lot of VO of me telling the story. I'm a little worried about doing this project because I am going to make vocal some things I feel about my brother that would offend him greatly if he ever hears them. I want to convey that I am disappointed with the way he is spending his life at the present time but I am struggling with the choice to be blunt about it or be polite. I keep trying to censor it so that he would be able to watch it without being extremely depressed that the only person he looks up to thinks he is a pile of trash right now. But it takes away from the piece if I censor it like that. It has to be completely honest if I want it to impact the viewer in the way that I'm seeking. But I can't crush my brother like that. So maybe I will make it and just never, ever, let him see it. Part of the reason I want to make this piece is because I feel conflicted about it. But I can never let my brother know that I am disappointed in him so that is making me feel my idea is even stronger. . . the fact that I may hurt someone I love by making it, that is what is going to make the film so intense. At least in my eyes. Obviously I don't want to hurt my brother, he is my best friend and I love him more than life itself. Which is why I'm so disappointed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home