VideoArt410

5.08.2006

2nd Project

So I am going to tell this story about my brother and his dog. Which is really just a small part of the bigger story about my brother and his irresponsible attitude and the way he does nothing with his life. He claims that the dog is why he does nothing. The dog came from a family of hillbillies that were probably going to drown it if my brother didn't take it. The dog is a really rare white (called a blue) pit bull but the rarity of his breed also means he is suffering from years of inbreeding, which may or may not be the reason that the dog is deaf. I think blue pitbulls have a history of being deaf. There is also a theory that if a dog is hit by a car he/she can become deaf from it. And the dog was, we assume, hit by a car once when he escaped my brothers house, as he injured his right leg when he was very small. We don't really know what happened but the vet seems to think, because of the severe damage, that he could only have been hit by a car. My brother thinks he got hit by the car because he was deaf already. I think he was hit by the car because my brother is irresponsible and that made him deaf. I have some more research to do on pitbulls before I decide what I really think, I suppose. So my brother has this pitbull with a lame right leg that will never heal, he's deaf, and partially blind because of an incident the dog had with my cat -- he couldn't hear my cat hissing at him because he is deaf so my cat got him really good in the eye. The dog almost lost the eye, my cat got through the first two layers of his cornea. I paid 150 dollars for the dog to go to the emergency vet. I paid it because my brother has no money and I felt horrible because it was my cat. My brother doesn't have a job, he claims, because he has to stay home and take care of the dog. So he sits at home and plays online poker to pay his rent. I disapprove of this lifestyle and what my brother has become. Which is the larger context of this film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home